By: Red Hot Mamas
Published: July 13, 2022
“When you are positive, you’ll see opportunities instead of obstacles.”
Dear Red Hot Mamas,
The older and more mature I get; I have become increasingly convinced that there is something to positive and negative energy. I am trusting my intuition now by trying to keep in the company of people with positive energy.
People with positive energy radiate beautiful energy in everything that they do. They smile and show interest in other people. They feel connected to something larger than themselves. There is a certain calm around them, and they show kindness, empathy, and optimism. This makes it fun to be around them which may help to boost our feelings of well-being.
I’ve worked at trying to think positively about things. I see the good that is already out there, in myself and in other people. In situations that may not always be the best, I try to imagine the positive possibilities. This certainly frees me up from negative thinking. Yes, you might say that I view my glass as half full, not as half empty.
When I meet someone new, I always ask them about themselves and listen to what they have to say. My optimism always searches for the best in people, no matter what. I focus on their good traits, rather than those that are in doubt. Perhaps, I am seeing through rose colored glasses, but I try to take care of others to help them feel good about themselves so they can feel happy and confident.
Here are 7 ways to bring positive energy into your life:
Think positively –
- When you wake up every morning remind yourself what you are grateful for. Keep your mind in a positive, hopeful place as your start your day.
- Toss away any negative thoughts. Make a resolution to accept what you cannot change and try to move forward with positive thoughts.
- Don’t dwell on your problems. Focus on the aspects of your life which you can control, rather than thinking about the uncontrollable parts of your life.
- Smile and laugh more. And try to spend time with positive people who will bring a smile to your face.
- Show gratitude for all that you are thankful for in your life. That includes family, friends, and anything else that makes you feel happy.
- Take the high road and learn to forgive those people who have hurt you. Harboring anger creates negative energy and emotional turmoil.
- Love yourself and think about all the good things about yourself. This will invite positive energy into your life.
There are also additional health benefits of positive thinking which include:
- Increased life span
- Lower rates of depression
- Lower levels of distress and pain
- Greater resistance to illnesses
- Better psychological and physical well-being
- Better cardiovascular health and reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease and stroke
- Reduced risk of death from cancer
- Reduced risk of death from respiratory conditions
- Reduced risk of death from infections
- Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress
In closing, positivity may come natural for some people, but often we need to work at it. Don’t give up. Put to action the 7 ways to bring positive energy into your life and make them part of your daily routine. Be proud of every step you take to bringing positive energy in your life.
Good health to you all,